The Non-Immigrant Visa-ED is issued by the Thai Government to foreign nationals who wish to study, go for study or observation tours. It includes those who are going there to participate in projects or activities, attend seminars and training courses or conferences in Thailand. This type of visa allows you to stay in Thailand for a year with an extension option within the first 90 days of your stay in the country.
Before you are granted a non-immigrant Visa-Ed you need to comply with the required documents and adhere to the advisories and rules of Thailand on visa issuance. Below are the general requirements but with additional school-specific requirements.
- Duly filled and signed visa application form
- 3.5 x 4.5cm recent passport-sized picture
- Valid passport for 6 months
- Original letter from a Thailand school complete with school logo and signature of authorized school signatory
- Copy of business registration and license of the school accepting the applicant
- School profile to include list of shareholders of the school. All school documents must be signed by authorized school personnel and must contain the school seal.
- Airline ticket with date of entry and flight number
For students enrolling in government universities, they are required to present the following before they are granted non-immigration visa-Ed
- Letter-request for a visa for the applicant from the head of the concerned department of the university
- Copy of a valid passport good for 6 months
For students wishing to study in a Private University or international school, here are the requirements.
- Letter from department head requesting visa for the applicant.
- School registration paper
- Letter of appointment by the School rector (for international school)
- Letter of appointment from the School principal (for private schools)
- Copy of passport valid for 6 months
Foreign nationals attending conferences, seminars and training course or who are involved in projects in Thailand must present the following documents before they are granted non-immigration visa-Ed.
- An official letter to the Government of Thailand with information about the applicant such as position of the applicant, length of service or employment, salary and the purpose of the visit to Thailand.
- Acceptance letter from the school, organization or institution to which the applicant will be studying or the company coordinating the seminar, conference or project that the applicant will be participating in.
Citizens of Nigeria shall provide 2 photos and application forms while nationals of Bangladesh, India, Nepal Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nigeria, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Yemen are required to provide 3 application forms and 3 photos.
National of North Korea and China are required to provide 4 application forms and 4 photos and Passport holders from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, China, Nigeria, Afghanistan, Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Sudan, Syria, Yemen and North Korea are requested to file for application at the Thai Embassy / Consulate-General their own country.
As normally done Consular officers reserve the sole discretion to approve or deny granting of visas and the right to require additional documents as deemed necessary.