Thailand Non-Immigrant Visa O-A

The Non-Immigrant Visa O-A is normally issued to 55-year old foreign nationals who decide to stay for a long time or plans to retire in Thailand for a period of one year with an option for extension subject to Thailand immigration rules and regulations. During the stay in Thailand the applicant is not allowed to work. Not everyone is given the opportunity to own a non-immigrant visa O-A, unless an applicant possesses the following qualifications, you are

  • 50 years of age on the day of submission of the application
  • not suffering from tuberculosis, leprosy, elephantiasis, drug addiction, syphilis and other diseases contained in ministerial regulation no. 14 B.E 2535
  • allowed entry by the Immigration Act of 1979
  • a resident of the country where you submitted your application
  • have no criminal record

When you have complied with the qualifications, you are required to complete the required documents.

  • A passport or travel document.

The visa applicant must show a passport valid for one year and a half. The passport to be shown must have at least one blank page.

  • Proof of income or bank deposit statement

Show proof of income not lower than 65,000 baht per month or bank statement with bank balance of 800,000 baht or a bank deposit plus income not lower than 800,000 baht a year. Bank deposits must be accompanied by the original bank certification, certifying the existence of such deposit with the bank

  • Three duly filled up and signed visa application form with 6 recent passport size pictures
  • Certification that there is no criminal record of the applicant in Thailand or the country of origin of the applicant. The certification must be valid for 3 months.
  • Medical certificate

The medical certificate stating that the applicant has no prohibitive disease as contained in Ministerial Regulation No. 14 valid for 3 months. It must be issued by the country of the applicant.

  • Marriage Certificate

In cases where the spouse is not eligible for an O-A visa, the spouse will be issued visa for temporary resident under O. In this case, the marriage certificate will be required.

The consular officer reserves the right to demand for additional documents as he deem necessary for the evaluation of the eligibility of the applicant.

Extension guidelines:

  • If a foreign national wishes to extend for another year of stay in Thailand, a request for extension must be submitted to the Bureau of Immigration.
  • Applications for extension must be submitted to the office of the Bureau of Immigration to be accompanied with a proof of income or deposit for not less than 800,000 baht per year. An applicant can be given 1 year extension at the discretion of the immigration officer.

During the first 90-days in Thailand, it is the obligation of the foreign national to report to the immigration officer covering the area where the foreign national is residing or to the police where there is no immigration office hear the area of residence.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.